Preventive dentistry, such as routine dental exams and cleanings, is essential to enduring oral health and wellness. At West Creek Dental, we use leading-edge techniques and technology to provide comprehensive cleanings to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth.
Because each patient has unique needs, there’s no set time limit for dental cleaning. However, cleanings can take anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes, on average. Usually, for patients who practice excellent oral hygiene at home, their cleaning may be faster than someone who has cavities or other concerns.
The length of each cleaning depends on the patient’s oral health status, the amount of plaque buildup present, and the health of the patient’s teeth and gums. Typically, a comprehensive dental exam and teeth cleaning can take 60 to 90 minutes.
Why Are Routine Dental Cleanings Important?
Your dentist in Austin, TX, recommends getting preventive dental exams and cleanings every six months to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
Routine dental cleanings are essential because of the following reasons:
- It removes plaque buildup and bacteria that lead to cavities and gum disease, therefore lowering your risk for developing these conditions.
- It allows you to learn about what’s going on in your mouth.
- It helps your dentist monitor your overall oral health status and provide prompt treatment when needed.
- It freshens your breath and helps remove some staining from your teeth.
- It boosts your general health by preventing oral health infections and other problems.
- It saves money in the long run by preventing issues before they start or progress.
We Personalize Each Treatment for Your Unique Smile
If your dentist finds you need additional treatment, we will discuss your goals and options with you. We take a patient-centered proactive approach to each patient’s overall oral health, and we will always put your needs and best interest first.
We also offer personalized cosmetic dentistry in Austin, TX, for patients who want to highlight their natural smile’s beauty. Some of our cosmetic dental services include teeth whitening, veneers, crowns and bridges, Invisalign, and more.
Please get in touch with us today to schedule your next dental exam and cleaning with our Austin dentists.